Removing oil, paint and other concrete stains from concrete floor becomes a daunting task sometimes. You can’t remove oil or grease stains just by scrubbing. You need to draw them up out of the concrete surface. You can follow some tips and special products to remove stubborn stains from the concrete floors.
Remove stubborn concrete stains and protect your concrete surface by following all the actions & tips mentioned below:-
List of Things You Will Need For Removing Stain From Concrete Surface:
- Paper Towel
- Kitty Litter
- Stiff Broom or Brush
- Concrete Cleaner
- Protective Gloves
- Eye Goggles
- Quick Action: Concrete is highly porous material and so, it absorb the stains very easily. So, whenever liquid spills, it is necessary to take quick action, as the quicker you act, the easier it is to remove the stain.
- Choose the Right Cleaner: Concrete stains in garage floor are commonly caused due to dirt, oil or grease. Most Concrete cleaners are suitable for removing this type of stains. You can easily find it at your local hardware store. If you are removing rust or some other type of stain, you are required to purchase a more appropriate product.
- Spot Test the Cleaner: Some concrete stain removers tend to create stains of their own, especially on concrete that has been painted or coated with a tinted stain finish. Before tackling the bigger job, mix a little cleaner and apply it to the surface.
- Prepare the Surface: If the stain is not dried, it is still wet, then soak up as much as possible with paper towels.
- Prepare the Cleaner: Try to mix the cleaner as instructed on the label, or use it full strength for stubborn stains. Don’t forget to wear eye and skin protective gear.
- Apply the Cleaner: Pour the cleaner on the stubborn tough concrete stain. Rub the area using tough broom or brush continuously to clean the area completely.
- Rinse the floor: Rinse the floor thoroughly with a hose. Make use of squeeze or push broom to remove excess water from the concrete floor.
- Repeat, if required: You can repeat the cleaning process if you are not satisfied with the results.
Follow these Tips:
- Try to keep the floor clean every time, regular sweeping and quick action on liquid spills minimize your need for a concrete contractor.
- Soak up the liquid spills as early as you notice them. Place the paper towel above the spill and let it absorb the spill. Don’t rub the concrete surface, as this will push the spilled liquid into the concrete.
- You can use kitty litter in order to absorb larger liquid spills. You just need to cover the spill with the kitty litter, leave it for 24 hours and then sweep it out.
- Don’t let water stay on the concrete stain.
Above mentioned tips & action will help you to remove tough concrete stains completely and keep the concrete floors clean.
For more tips on concrete cleaning, you can consult our experts at Maple.
Well, We at Maple Concrete Pumping Company is all here to help you and deliver you with best concrete contractors & provide you one of the best services. We also aim to complete the entire construction project in a skilled manner.